Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summer Is Coming To An End

Hello. I haven't written in quite some time. But I'm writing now, so it's all good.

Recording has been put on the back burner because of the end of summer. We started summer band a couple of weeks ago and this year I am assuming the role and responsibility of "Pit Captain." It's been a lot of fun so far. One highlight is when Katelyn (a girl in the pit) was saying, "Drew, are you going to be a band director when you grow up? Cause I can see you being a band director. You would have one of those love/hate relationships with all of your students. They would love you when you weren't making them play, but when you're rehearsing them they'd hate you." I just smiled on the inside, cause it reminded me of Flisowski -- the genius.

In addition to summer band I am in a giant hurry to finish/start reading my summer reading. I am in desperate need of finding "Dune" by Frank Herbert as an audiobook on CDs so I can just listen to it all. School starts next Monday. I'm both excited and sad about that. I've heard that Junior year is supposed to be the hardest, but I don't feel like this year is going to be too bad (mostly because I'm only taking one Honors/AP class).

One more item before I go. I really need prayers from you guys. The elders at my mom's church have come to me asking about my membership at the church. The reason is because I typically go to my dad's church and they aren't certain whether I really consider myself a member. They want to know the best way to "shepherd" me--as elders are supposed to do--and so they've asked to me make a decision as to which church I consider my home. I've decided to write a letter to the whole congregation, including the elders, about why I don't go to church there very often and such. This is what I need prayers for. I just really need prayers that the letter communicates everything that has gone down in a true light. I don't want it to seem like I'm leaving the church on my own; I want to tell them about the elders coming and talking to me. But I don't want to make the elders seem like bad guys who are kicking me out because that certainly isn't the case. So please pray for me on this.

Alright guys. That's it for this entry. I'm sure I'll write again soon enough. Thanks so much for the prayers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

give those elders "the business."

8/17/2006 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007 Cadenza | Subscribe to RSS | Contact | Purchase CD